When to use:
A five-day course of treatment for when fish show symptoms of parasitic infection such as irritation, flicking, gasping at surface, covered in thick opaque mucus or visible white spots on the body. Use if fish show signs of a fungal infection which can appear as cotton wool-like growths on the body. Use as a preventative in early spring or when introducing new fish. Can be applied directly to leeches and lice. Can also be used if Pond Salt Plus is present in the water at ‘tonic level’.
- Shake bottle well.
- Mix the correct dose in a clean bucket of pond water, then pour evenly around the pond.
- Switch off UV for 10 days from first dose.
- Wait 10 days after final dose before repeating treatment or applying another treatment.
- Allow plenty of time to observe the fish and take action in the unlikely event of a reaction.
- Do not use when the water temperature is above 30°C.
- Do not use in hot, humid, thundery weather.
- Do not mix medications.
- Q: Is Eradick safe to use with sensitive species, such as orfe and sturgeon? A: Yes. As with all medicinal treatments, however, you should still provide additional aeration, keep an eye on your fish throughout the course of treatment and avoid use in hot, humid or thundery conditions.
- Q: Can I use Eradick with salt in the water? A: Yes, provided this is at a concentration of 0.3% (3g/L) or lower. To accurately measure the salt concentration of your pond, use a hydrometer or ask your local fish shop to test a sample for you.
- Q: Do I apply the full dose daily for 5 days? A: Yes. Follow the instructions on the back label to work out the dosage you require (or use our Dosage Calculator) and apply this dose daily for 5 days, following any additional instructions shown on the back label. For example, to treat a pond of 10000 litres (2200 gallons), apply a 110ml dose on day 1, another 110ml dose on day 2, again on day 3, and on day 4 and on day 5 of the treatment.
- Q: How often can I repeat the treatment? A: After you have added the final dose (on day 5), wait 10 days then perform a partial water change before re-treating or applying a different treatment.
- Q: Can I leave my UV on during treatment? A: No, you should turn any UV filters off for 10 days from when you add the first dose.
- Q: Will Eradick affect my water quality test results? A: No, so long as the colour has faded from the water. This should happen within a few days of the product being added.
- Q: My pet has drunk from the pond whilst I am treating with Eradick. Will they be alright? A: Yes, they should be fine. The working concentration of the active ingredients is at a non-toxic level for fish, cats, dogs, other small animals, etc. However, it’s best to keep them away from the undiluted product in the bottle.
- Q: I have a lot of wildlife visitors to my pond. Can I still treat with Eradick? A: Yes, the working concentration of the product is at a non-toxic level for fish, amphibians, birds, etc.
Active Ingredients: Malachite Green 500 mg/100ml, Formaldehyde 4890 mg/100ml